Start - Checkpoint 1
The race starts with 15 km of farm roads taking riders in a northerly direction towards the Swartberg Mountains. A short section of tarred road makes way for arguably the second hardest climb of the race up to Spitskop, around 35 km into the race. A tricky fast descent takes riders towards De Rust and Dysselsdorp to Checkpoint 1.
|Start Elevation||330 m|
|Finish Elevation||373 m|
|Min. Elevation||330 m|
|Max. Elevation||867 m|
|Waterpoints||De Rust, Leeublad|
- Waterpoint 01: De Rust • 53 km
- No back-up vehicles allowed.
- Waterpoint 02: Leeublad • 81 km
- Stocked with Coke, electrolyte drinks, fresh fruit and something light to eat.
- Back-up vehicles allowed.